Classic Club Sandwich
Nothing beats this rustic Old American Favourite loved the world over.
I love things the Old fashioned way, Clubs with home-made fries & a bit of coleslaw on the side are just divine. This recipe is quite easy to follow and it doesn't need much time.
Preparation time 10mins
- 6 slices white bread (toasted or grilled)
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 ounces cooked roasted chicken breast
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 slice cheese (swiss or cheddar)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Easy 3 Steps Method
- Stir together the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread the mayonnaise-mustard mixture evenly on the 6 slices of bread (one side only).
Place one slice of bread sauce-side up.
Remember, you are making 2 sandwiches - so for each sandwich you need 3 slices of bread.
Now start topping!
One sandwich at a time - I don't know about you but I suck at multi-tasking!
- Top with a slice of cheese - with your choice of cheese.
- Top with 1 slice of chicken.
- Top with 2 bacon slices.
Hey don't forget about that slice in the middle!!!
Top it sauce-side down. And continue topping.
- Top with 2 tomato slices.
- Top with the lettuce leaves.
- Top with 1 more slice of chicken.
- Top with the final slice of bread, sauce-side down.
Carefully cut the sandwich into 2 triangles, and stick each triangle with a cocktail pick to hold them toppings in place.
Follow the same steps and quickly whip up the second sandwich!
I usually sprinkle mine with a bit of salt n pepper before I dig in!
Accompanied with fries, salad & a Coke- it's heavenly!